You Matter, You Belong, We Care
What can we help you with:
Student Services provides information and direction concerning academic, educational, occupational, personal and post-secondary decisions. Students are seen on a self-referral basis; however administrators, teachers and parents mayb also make referrals. Counsellor appointments are suggested for both students and parents, in order to minimize the amount of class time missed. Individual and family support is available to assist with personal issues, study skills, time management, peer relations and goal setting. Scholarship information and post-secondary events are available. Students can obtain assistance in completing post-secondary applications and are given tools and resources for self-exploration of scholarship opportunities. The guidance counsellor's also meet with Grade 9 students to assist with course selections for the upcoming High School Year. At this meeting, the student's timetable will be given to them, and explained to both the parents and the students. We will also be able to make any timetable changes that need to be made at this time. This is an important meeting and we encourage all parents to attend! Starting in early May, parents of current Grade 9 students can make appointments for early June meetings, by phoning the main office at 403-934-3135.
Here are some tips for continued growth and happiness:
- Remember your strengths! Use them to move yourself forward.
- Focus on what is working in your life.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Think POSITIVELY!
- Use Affirmations - "I am strong" - "I will do this".
- Have Fun!
- TRUST YOURSELF - this means listen to your intuition deep down inside.
- Remember that asking for help is not a weakness but a strength! Collect phone numbers of those that are ON YOUR SIDE!
Student Services Team - Main Phone: 403.934.3135
- Mrs. Lita Sweere, Student Services Secretary - Ext. 9286, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Karen Harris, Guidance Counsellor - Ext. 9253, email: email@example.com
- Mrs. Karen Galandy, Guidance Counsellor Ext. 9250, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Jennifer Rieger, Family Resources Counsellor, email: email@example.com
- Mrs. Carol Many Heads, Native Student Advisor - Ext. 9254, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Kaitrin McDonnell, Career Counsellor - Ext. 9279, email: email@example.com
Helpful Post-Secondary and Scholarship Links
- Universities and Post-Secondary
- Links for Scholarships, Bursaries and Student Loans
- Alberta Learning Information Service
- Campus Starters
- Where Do I Find Money
Information for Students and Parents.
- Login for Parent Portal
- Apply Alberta
- Grade 9 Orientation
- Career Crusing
- Drug Information for Parents
- Parent Support Association Website
- Always There
- Click on this link for Instructions to Search your ASN