As I am sure everyone is now aware, we will be returning to in person classes starting again this coming Monday, January 11. It again feels like it has been a long stretch without students in the building and we are very much looking forward to welcoming all our students back.
There are number of items that we want to remind students of as they prepare to return to classes on Monday:
1) We ask that students please be observant of the designated entry doors for the school, grade 10 being the front door, grade 11 the parking lot door nearest Brent Blvd and grade 12’s the doors by the band portable. For all students that are walking to school you are welcome to use the most easily accessible door for you.
2) Upon arrival at school please continue to use the hand sanitizer that is located at each entrance.
3) Have your masks on in hallways and common areas and follow the expectations that teachers have for mask wearing in their particular classroom.
4) Students should move directly to their first block class when they arrive and to limit arrival to no earlier than 8:25am and to please not congregate in the hallways.
5) Students who are staying at school for lunch are asked to eat their lunch in the classroom of their repeat class.
6) Please continue to follow the daily screening checklist.
We have had some slight changes to the schedule as we have tried to reduce the number of contact tracing opportunities and as such have suspended TA class for the foreseen future. This has resulted in a change to the length of classes each day. This has resulted in a change to the length of classes each day, the new daily schedule has been posted on our school website. The class order will remain the same as it was in November, but length of class will change and there will no longer be a TA block in the schedule.
I again thank everyone for their diligence and commitment to learning over the past weeks while doing learning from home. We are excited to have students back in the building and look forward to seeing everyone on Monday.
Have a good weekend and see you on Monday.