Student Services provides information and direction concerning academic, educational, occupational, personal and post-secondary decisions. Students are seen on a self-referral basis; however administrators, teachers and parents may also make referrals. Counsellor appointments are suggested for both students and parents, in order to minimize the amount of class time missed. Individual and family support is available to assist with personal issues, study skills, time management, peer relations and goal setting. Scholarship information and post-secondary events are available. Students can obtain assistance in completing post-secondary applications and are given tools and resources for self-exploration of scholarship opportunities. The guidance counsellor's also meet with Grade 9. Please refer to our Grade 9 Orientation tab on our website for more information.
Here are some tips for continued growth and happiness:
- Remember your strengths! Use them to move yourself forward.
- Focus on what is working in your life.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Think POSITIVELY!
- Use Affirmations - "I am strong" - "I will do this".
- Have Fun!
- TRUST YOURSELF - this means listen to your intuition deep down inside.
- Remember that asking for help is not a weakness but a strength! Collect phone numbers of those that are ON YOUR SIDE!